Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stanthorpe.

A few weeks ago we travelled westward to Stanthorpe to visit a friend of mine for their biennial Apple & Grape Festival. The first time I went to Stanthorpe was for this exact reason two years ago, but it's interesting to see how my eyes have changed—how I have changed. The way I shoot is so different now. I don't feel as if I noticed as much back then.

I feel that being present in the moment versus capturing the moment is the constant plight of the photographer. We are both there and not there, seeing everything and yet nothing, being everywhere but nowhere all at once. It's a busy state of mind to be in.

Something that has definitely remained constant and strong is my fascination with the Australian countryside. It doesn't seem to matter how often I drive through it or how often I breathe its air, there is always something unique in it that I connect with.




4 comments:

  1. It's really amazing to see Stanthorpe through another person's eyes like this.

    I've been going there since I was little because that's where my grand parents live and where my parents grew up. I recognise those long roads and dry paddocks, the middle of town and those quiet streets. They seem so fresh and new in your photos to me though, it's awesome :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the loveliest comments I've ever received, thanks Natasha :)

      I always find it really interesting how everybody views the same thing differently, and how your view of that same thing subtly changes over time. It means a lot to me that I've shown you a new perspective on something you've seen so regularly throughout your life—this is one of the reasons I love photography, and I guess it means I must be doing something right.

      Delete
  2. I am in love with your blog, and the stories you tell with your photos. I feel happy when I see them, it meets my need for adventure and beauty. It's like you're taking me with you in these trips. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thank you so much Patty. I'm really glad I can inspire people in one way or the other, and my aim is always to make the viewer feel as if they're right there. Thank you. :)

      Delete